Friday, September 3, 2010

Tegan and Sara in Toronto

Not my hand. And don't even get me started on the Ticketmaster fees, whereby a $42.50 ticket ends up being $56.75.

Matthew and I rode our bikes down to the Molson Amphitheatre at Ontario Place last weekend to see Tegan and Sara. Also on the evening's bill were openers Ra Ra Riot (who reminded us both a little of Hey Rosetta!) and Wintersleep (who have a fantastic song, Weighty Ghost, which I first heard in the equally fantastic Canadian movie, One Week; check out the trailer below, and go get it on dvd if you can).



Closing out the show that night was City and Colour, whose music I can only take in small doses, so mellow and melancholy is it.

However, the main attraction for us was definitely Tegan and Sara! They played for just an hour, but it was an hour lost in the bliss of their music:



and their funny stories about things like, um, stalking people:



We had great seats, though I lament the fact that the crowd was mainly a touch too apathetic to get up and dance; I would've done so myself, but my innate Canadian politeness prevented me from doing so, as that would've meant blocking the views of the people seated behind me. A couple of drinks though, and I totally would have done it anyway.

Tegan on the big screen.


On a related note, Tegan and Sara are on the short-list for the 2010 Polaris Music Prize for their latest album, Sainthood, with the winners to be announced September 20. Go T&S!

No comments:

Post a Comment